Entering a new decade is a great time to reevaluate your home. Is the space still functional for your family or is it time to move or remodel? Do you need more bathrooms? More space for entertaining? A toy room for your growing family?
Realtors interact with many homebuyers and sellers each week, giving them a firm grasp on the amenities homeowners are looking for. That’s why we turned to our network of realtors for their advice on what homeowners are looking for in 2020.
- Minimalistic kitchens are attractive.
- Lighting matters. Bright white, 60 Watt LED daylight bulbs, and soft lights are not created equally. The brighter a room, the bigger it feels. Say, “goodbye” to the lamps of the 1970’s, and invest in overhead lighting.
- Avoid ceiling fans that hang down, making a low ceiling feel lower. Fixtures that are flush with the ceiling are a better option for short rooms.
- Add a pop of color and boost curb appeal by making your front door an “accent door.” In fact, painting the front door has the highest rate of return of any painting project in your home.
- Painted cabinets provide new life to a kitchen.
- Functionality. It seems simple and obvious, but homebuyers appreciate things to be working when they move in, so touch up the little things, like the slides on kitchen drawers. It makes a huge difference.
- Homeowners are loving neutral wall colors, especially grays. Gray is also an easy color to paint over in the future.
- Finished basements are a great way to increase living space in a home, which is perfect for growing families.
- Dishwashers are convenient, and homeowners can simplify their life by dwelling in a home where a dishwasher can be found.
- Homes with garages are nice. Consider housing not only your family, but your car and gadgets when you purchase a house that comes with a garage.
- A fenced in yard is a great bonus, especially for your furry friends.
As you welcome 2020, we invite you to use homepainter for your painting needs. Easily find local painting contractors to get the job done in a timely, professional manner.