When it comes to having work done on your home, you deserve a contractor who can be trusted. A contractor who is transparent and right for you can be found by doing the following!
- Listen to feedback from previous customers. Your friends and family have surely had home improvement projects completed by contractors. Ask them for recommendations. Don’t simply trust the testimonials on the contractor’s website.
- Ensure that the contractor has their proper licenses and proof of insurance is essential. Without a license, the contractor is likely performing work illegally. If they do not hold an insurance policy, you could be left on the hook for any damages to your home that result from the work the contractor completes, or doesn't complete.
- Create a written contract. Contractors who are leery of writing down exactly what they are going to complete is a bad sign. Legally, having written proof of your agreement is wise.
- Get several quotes from various contractors. Comparing prices allows you to know whether you are getting ripped off or getting a fair deal for your project. Remember, the cheapest bid is not always your best option.
- Ask for a concrete budget. Ambiguity is often a signal of dishonesty. If a contractor cannot give you a transparent quote, you ought to search for someone else.
Lastly, trust your gut. Lack of professionalism and your first impression are important.
When it comes to hiring the right contractor, services like homepainter have pre-qualified and vetted contractors in your area ready to tackle any project. Check them out today!